Friday 24 December 2010

☯ twenty four

everyone's dashing about:
buying this: buying that:
seeking the good things:
sending greetings:

I'm not sure I've ever had a 'perfect' christmas:
the one we strive to re-create:
the one we try to make:

it's not about a heap of presents:
or a table full of food:
it's about remembering those that 
you wish were here:
thinking of those who aren't where they would like to be:
or not feeling as good as they should:
 be thankful to enjoy another day:
with the ones you love:

happy holidays to you all:

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays to you too.

    I agree, is there really such a thing as a 'perfect Christmas'. I have to admit, I don't ever recall one either. I just enjoy liking being around family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

☺ thank you for taking the time to leave a comment ~ I might not always reply but they really are valued ☺